This policy covers CKD Property Advisers (‘CKD’, we’, ‘us’ ‘our’) use of personal information that we collect. CKD Property Advisers is a trading name of Country Property Purchasing Ltd, company number 10428058.
Our nominated representative for the purposes of this is Charlie Evans, CKD Property Advisers.
Who we are
We are CKD Property Advisers, 33 St James’s Square, London SW1Y 4JS
CKD collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
We may collect your full name and contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address) from you whenever you engage with us.
In addition, if we are providing a service to you, or on your behalf, where we are required to do so by law, we will collect information relating to your identity, which will be at least one form of photographic identification (such as a passport, a driving licence or an identification card) and one form of documentation with proof of your place of residence (such as a recent utility bill).
Depending on the service that we provide to you (or on your behalf) we may also collect additional personal information (for example, If you wish to purchase a property, we will collect personal information relating to any specific access requirements you may have in relation to a property so that we can find a property that is suitable for your needs).
Who we share your personal information with
We do not share your personal information unless required to do so as part of carrying out our service.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for no longer than necessary (unless we are required to hold it for longer to comply with a legal requirement or for our legitimate business purposes).
Reasons we can collect and process your personal information.
What is the legal basis of our data processing?
Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases to use your information;
- For employment-related purposes
- Where we need information to perform the contract we have entered into with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation; and
- Where the processing is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in CKDs legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to do so and provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including:
- Processing that is necessary for us to promote our business
- Processing that is necessary to improve our knowledge of the real estate sector
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
Disclosure of your information
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- buyers and sellers of property, surveyors, architects, sub-contractors and business associates for the conclusion and performance of contracts we enter into with them or you
- In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if CKD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Business, any contract you enter into with us and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CKD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, these include rights to:
- the right to withdraw consent from allowing us to contact you about services we could provide you with
- taccess your personal information and certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit the data to a third-party in certain situations
- object, at any time, to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How to contact us’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you e.g. name and work email address
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us and we will never release your details to third-party organisations for the purpose of marketing or communications without your prior agreement.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so. We use secure server technology to ensure that all data held by us is secure.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted on telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at:
CKD Property Advisers, 33 St James Square, London, SW1Y 4JS
Tel: 0207 409 1944